Incorporation is not as fun as selecting colors for your company 👨🎨
Joking aside, branding is one of those areas where (a) everyone - from sys admin to your friend’s mom - has an opinion and (b) the clear value of bad vs. good branding is rarely quantifiable.
There’s no right or wrong but there definitely is a better or worse.
It’s a spectrum.
Brand as a Corporate Asset
As an e-learning and consulting entrepreneur I’m competing with a lot of other service and entertainment providers for the client’s attention and trust.
In order to double down on my B2B target audience (leaders of remote teams) I am switching from my personal brand to a new corporate brand.
Finding a Name
Naming is interesting.
I wanted to check the following boxes
- Available top-level domain (.com)
- Easy to transcribe if heard
- Must contain ‘remote’ since it’s the core focus of my business + the most common search keyword
I did the same process as in my previous ventures: name storming ⚡️
TL;DR: structured brainstorming
- Open a google sheet
- Write all associations for the brand into the top row of the columns (horizontal)
- Fo column by column and write all the associations for the term in the top row (vertical)
By the end of this process you will have a better idea of what is possible and you’ll uncover new naming paths.